The TowerRAID TR8X12G is a 8-bay tower with two mini-SAS HD SFF-8644 connections, for high transfer rates of up to 9,600MB/s bandwidth when used with a high performance RAID controller card. Utilizing high bandwidth mini-SAS HD (SFF-8644) cabling, the TR8X12G supports 12Gb/s SAS or SATA hard drives to deliver superior read / write speeds that are crucial in performance-driven environments such as video editing industry and server application. The mini-SAS HD (SFF-8644) ports combine eight hard drives connections into two connections, reducing possible points of failures, while preserving uninterrupted data transfer. The TR8X12G also supports 6G SATA drives, allowing users the option to choose between high performance and high capacity storage solutions. Hard drive and RAID controller bundles options are available. When utilizing a 12G SAS or SATA RAID controller, the unit could effortlessly support multi-streaming of compressed high-quality playback or a single-stream of uncompressed high definition video under various RAID modes.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Eight 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch SAS or SATA hard drives to mini-SAS HD SFF-8644 interfaces.
- Accesses eight hard drives using only two cables.
- Modularize design, 8 x hot-swappable trays
- Supports JBOD, spanning, RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5, 6 with spare via RAID controller card.
- Supports Areca, Adaptec, Dell, HighPoint, LSI, and Intel SAS RAID or SATA RAID controller cards.
- Cable-less backplane design supporting hot-swappable SATA and SAS hard drives.
- Supports plug & play for easy installation.
- Compact enclosure with dust-free cover.
- 250 watts power supply (90V to 264V).
- Supports PC, MAC and Linux. (Please check HBA or RAID controller driver compatibility.)