The AccuSTOR AS424IX is a 4U rack-mountable 6G SAS JBOD rackmount for expansion with AccuRAID AR424I or AR424IT, SAS/SATA to iSCSI RAID storage. AS424IX is a single controller Quad iSCSI RAID storage array with Dual controller upgrade capability. Customer can opt to upgrade from single controller to dual at a later time with minimum effort. The built-in second controller expansion slot allows simple upgrade to dual IO redundant controller simply by insert a second controller to the system. Utilizing the latest SAS technology, the AS424IX provides mini-SAS host to 24 high performance 6G SAS hard drives or high capacity SATA drives. The AS424IX includes one mini-SAS port for AR424I or AR424IT RAID head unit and one mini-SAS expanders; allowing the AR424I or AR424IT to expand up to 2 more additional units of AS424IX up to a total of 72 HDDs (4U-24 AR424I or AR424IT Plus 2 more 4U- AS424iX=48HDD or 216TB Total Raw capacity). When AR424I or AR424IT and AS424IX are daisy-chained together, it establishes a single multi-terabyte RAID capable volume, saving users the cost of purchasing additional RAID units. Redundant power supply, hot-swappable cooling fan and cable-less backplane design allows easy trouble-shooting and maintenance. The versatility of the AS424IX allows easy configuration and integration with existing AccuRAID AR424I or AR424IT storage system ensuring long term data expansion capability and usability.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Single upgradeable Controller. Built-in expansion controller slot for future dual IO upgrade.
- Supports high performance 6G SAS hard drives and cost-effective 6G SATA hard drives.
- Backward compatibile with 3G hard drives.
- 24 hot-swappable drive bays.
- Expand AR424I or AR424IT storage capacity with mini-SAS expansion port.
- Mini-SAS host interface supporting both SAS host bus adapters and SAS RAID cards.
- Includes mini-SAS expander for expansion, supports up to 2 * AS424IX (up to 72HDD Total at 216TB total raw capacity, one 24 bay AR424I or AR424IT with two 24 bay AS424IX).
- Fully modular design cable-less backplane, Redundant power supplies and hot-swappable cooling fans ensuring hardware redundancy and reduce system down time.