The AccuRAID AR424E Series is a 4U 24 bay rack-mountable RAID solution designed for file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. It is capable of up to 360TB of capacity with additional AS424X6S JBOD storage expansion units, and is the perfect solution for applications requiring large storage spaces. Build upon hardware RAID engines utilizes in the AccuRAID rackmount unit, the AR424E provides PCI Express 2.0 x8 of 8000MB/s with cutting edge SAS and SATA hard drive technology. The array supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 and JBOD modes. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel, the AR424E is built with Web or RS232 management Interfaces along with SMTP manager monitoring all system events. The AR424E is an easy to use building block for large storage systems, and is guaranteed to achieve the most cost-effective performance and data protection. The AR424E comes with modular RAID controller, redundant power supply and redundant cooling fans, as well as PCIe 2.0 x8 re-driver card and PCIe x8 cable.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 800MHz processor with 1GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 4GB).
- Support both 3.5" and 2.5" form factor hard drives and SSD.
- SAS / SATA RAID 60 hardware RAID engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- PCI Express 2.0 x8 host interface.
- Supports SAS JBOD (AS424X6S) expansion with up to a total of 120 drive bays
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- Support Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with hot spare and multipile volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supprots online array roaming, online RAID level / stripe size migration, and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion/ removal detection.
- NVRAM transaction log, and S.M.A.R.T. to improve the RAID system integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via RS-232 port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM, redundant RAID controller firmware upgrade via RS-232 and WEB GUI.