The MobileSTOR MS12X12 series is an 12 bay mini-SAS HD (SFF-8644) SAS expander tower comprised of the same engines as the AccuSTOR / EliteSTOR enterprise level rackmount storage. Utilizing the same engine structure as the enterprise level rackmounts, the MobileSTOR utilize 12G SAS expander technology, and provides up to 48 Gb/s or 4,800MB/s of data bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The MS12X12 supports both SATA 6Gb/s or SAS 6Gb/s and 12Gb/s solid state drives and hard drives and is backward compatible to 3Gb/s SAS & SATA SSD and HDDs. By utilizing the latest 12G SAS expander technology, the MS12X12 supports up to 12 SAS or SATA drives using only one mini-SAS HD (SFF-8644) cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 12 units or 64 drives daisy-chained together. With a high performance RAID controller card such as Areca, ATTO, Highpoint and LSI 6G and 12G RAID controller, the MS12X12 is capable of delivering over 3,000MB/s in read/write performance with RAID controller, doubling the existing 6G SAS expander bandwidth. Drives status information is provided by the LED. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS HD cable, hot-swappable cooling fan, and hard drives tray modules. The MS12X12 is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations.
*NEW* DataBolt™ Technology, Maximize 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s hard drives and SSD in 12G performance
To allow 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s hard drives and SSD transit to newer 12G standard and performance, EliteSTOR SAS expander equipped with LSI DataBolt™ technology allow existing of 6G and 3G hard drives and SSD infrastructure to take advantage of 12Gb/s speed. Only available in 12G SAS expander series, LSI DataBolt™ technology can aggregate bandwidth from 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s hard disk drives and SSD to a 12Gb/s data stream by intelligently buffering data, resulting in over 50% increase. DataBolt™ technology is fully compatible with the 12Gb/s SAS T10 specification.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 12Gb/s SAS Expander Technology - Connect 8 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8644 to 8644 Mini-SAS HD cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controller.
- DataBolt™ technology - Aggregate bandwidth from 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s hard disk drives and SSD to a 12Gb/s data stream by intelligently buffering data, result in over 50% increase.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 12Gb/s or SAS 12Gb/s hard drives and 48Gb/s of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 3,000MB/s in read and write (tested with 12G SAS RAID controller card (ARC-1883X)).
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input / Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS HD connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) or RAID card without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 256 drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion via SAS expander.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Redundant Power Supply - Optional hot-swappable, redundant power is useful for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware are included - Mini-SAS HD cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca ARC-1883X, LSI SAS MegaRAID, and other industry standard 12G RAID card.