The AccuRAID AR212F16 Series is a 2U rack-mountable RAID solution designed for file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. With a capacity of up to 96TB, this array is perfect for any application that requires a high volume storage solution. With dual high-performance 16G Fibre Channel host interface and cutting edge 6G SAS and 6G SATA dual hard drive support, the AR212F16 is guaranteed to deliver 16Gbps FC performance per channel. Users could flexibly choose between high performance SAS drives or cost-effective / high capacity SATA drives. With SAS expander support, the AR212F16 is capable of install over 200+ 8TB HDD drives with additional AS212X6S JBOD expansion units. The feature-rich array allows the user to configure the unit to suit current demands and expand later when needed. The array utilizes sixteen hot-swappable 3.5” trays with 2.5" screws holes for 3.5" and 2.5" SAS/SATA/SSD drives, allowing quick replacement and simple trouble-shooting. The AR212F16 RAID subsystem could also be easily scaled to RAID levels 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 or JBOD configurations. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel , the AR212F16 will meet all data intensive application demand. AR212F16 comes with modular RAID controller, redundant power supply and redundant cooling fans. Built-in redundant controller ready backplane allows non-destructive redundancy controller upgrade path without purchasing a brand new hardware.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 1.2GHz processor with 2GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 8GB).
- 12G SAS/6G SATA RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Support both 3.5" and 2.5" form factor hard drives and SSD.
- Dual Channel Fibre Channel 16Gpbs connector supporting fail-over.
- Supports SAS JBOD (AS212X12) expansion with up to total of 256 SAS device.
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Upgradable to redundant controller version (AR212F16R) for high availability and redundancy.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with hot spare and multipile volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array roaming, online RAID level / stripe size migration and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion / removal detection.
- NVRAM transaction log, and S.M.A.R.T. to improve the RAID system integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via RS-232 port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM, redundant RAID controller firmware upgrade via RS-232 and WEB GUI.