The AccuSTOR AS224X12S series is a high density 2U 12G SAS expander rackmount designed for high performance RAID controller or SAS host bus adapter HBA for 2.5" small form factor SFF based SSD or hard drives. Supporting latest SAS 12G technology, AS224X12S provide 12G solution for 12G SAS or SATA hard drives or SSD. By utilizing the latest 12G SAS expander technology, the AS224X12S supports up to 24 SAS or SATA SSD or hard drives using only one mini-SAS HD cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 256 drives daisy-chained together. With a high performance RAID controller card, the AS224X12S is capable of delivering over 2000MB/s in read / write performance, doubling the existing 3G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS HD cable and hard drives tray modules. Build-in with single controller with dual 6G SAS channel, and can upgrade to redundant controller in the future. The AS224X12S is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations. Supported in Windows, MAC and Linux, including various file system such as ZFS or VMware.
*NEW* DataBolt™ Technology, Maximize 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s hard drives and SSD in 12G performance
To allow 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s hard drives and SSD transit to newer 12G standard and performance, EliteSTOR SAS expander equipped with LSI DataBolt™ technology allow existing of 6G and 3G hard drives and SSD infrastructure to take advantage of 12Gb/s speed. Only available in 12G SAS expander series, LSI DataBolt™ technology can aggregate bandwidth from 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s hard disk drives and SSD to a 12Gb/s data stream by intelligently buffering data, resulting in over 50% increase. DataBolt™ technology is fully compatible with the 12Gb/s SAS T10 specification.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 12Gb/s SAS Expander Technology - Connect 24 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8644 to 8644 Mini-SAS HD cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controller.
- DataBolt™ technology - Aggregate bandwidth from 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s hard disk drives and SSD to a 12Gb/s data stream by intelligently buffering data, result in over 50% increase.
- Single upgrade-able Controller - Build-in hot-swappable single controller, and optional secondary controller available for additional redundancy.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 12Gb/s or SAS 12Gb/s hard drives and 48Gb/s of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 3,000MB/s in read and write (tested with 12G SAS RAID controller card (ARC-1883X)).
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input / Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS HD connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) or RAID card without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 256 drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion via SAS expander.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Redundant Power Supply - Hot-swappable, redundant power is useful for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- Redundant Cooling Fan - Dual active-active redundant cooling fan modules with temperature control.
- All hardware are included - Mini-SAS HD cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca ARC-1883X, LSI SAS MegaRAID, and other industry standard 12G RAID card.