The AccuRAID AR316F16R Series is a 3U redundant controller rack-mountable RAID solution designed for data centers, file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. With redundant components including a controller, cooling fans, and power supply, the AR316F16R provides a high availability solution for mission critical applications. With a capacity of up to 48TB, this array is perfect for any application that requires a high volume storage solution. With a four channels high-performance Fibre Channel (2 channels per controller) host interface and cutting edge SAS and SATA dual hard drive support, the AR316F16R is guaranteed to deliver 16Gpbs performance per channel. Users could flexibly choose between high performance SAS drives or cost-effective / high capacity SATA drives (SATA drives required optional MUX board). With SAS expander support, the AR316F16R is capable of up to 336TB of capacity with additional AS316X6R JBOD expansion units. The feature-rich array allows the user to configure the unit to suit current demands and expand later when needed. The array utilizes sixteen hot-swappable 3.5” trays with 2.5" screws holes for 3.5" and 2.5" SSD/SAS/SATA drives, allowing quick replacement and simple trouble-shooting. The AR316F16R RAID subsystem could also be easily scaled to RAID levels 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 or JBOD configurations. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel , the AR316F16R will meet all data intensive application demand.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Redundant controller built-in to provide high availability and high performance
- 800MHz processor with 2GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 8GB) per controller.
- Support both 3.5" and 2.5" form factor hard drives and SSD.
- 6G SAS/6G SATA II RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Four channels Fibre Channel 16Gbps connector supporting fail-over (2 channels per controller).
- Supports SAS JBOD (AS316X6R) expansion with up to total of 112 drive bays.
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with hot spare and multiple volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array roaming, online RAID level / stripe size migration and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion / removal detection.
- NVRAM transaction log, and S.M.A.R.T. to improve the RAID system integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via RS-232 port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM, redundant RAID controller firmware upgrade via RS-232 and WEB GUI.