The EliteSTOR ES224X12 is a 2U SAS 12G JBOD rackmount for high capacity storage solution, with 2.5" form factor. Utilizing the latest 12G SAS expander technology, the ES224X12 provides over 48 Gb/s or 4800MB/s of bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The ES224X12 supports 2.5" SATA or SAS 12G hard drives or SSD and is backward compatible to 6G SAS & SATA hard drives. By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the ES224X12 supports up to 24 2.5" SAS or SATA drives using only one mini-SAS HD cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 5 units or 120 HDD drives daisy-chained together. With a high performance RAID controller card such as Areca ARC-1883X or LSI AVAGO Broadcom 9380-8E, the ES224X12 is capable of delivering over 2,000MB/s performance, doubling the existing 6G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS HD cable, hard drives tray modules and built-in mounting rail. The ES224X12 is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Supports 12G SAS and 6G SATA Technology - Supports both latest 12G SAS and SATA Drives.
- Supports standard height and 12.5mm height hard drives.
- 12G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 24 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8644 to SFF-8644 Mini-SAS HD cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID card.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 12G hard drives and 48Gb/s bandwidth, performance can reach over 2,000MB/s performacne.
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS HD connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) or RAID card without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 5 enclosures or up to 120 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Standard Redundant Power Supply - Hot-swappable, redundant power is included for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware is included - Mini-SAS HD cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca ARC-1883X, LSI AVAGO Boardcom SAS MegaRAID, Intel SAS RAID, Dell Perc and Adaptec SAS RAID Adapters.