The EliteRAID ER104UT+B is a 4-bay hardware RAID 5 rackmount storage unit that utilizes high performance USB 3.0 and eSATA interfaces to provide over 200MB/s in performance. The included USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with the widely available USB 2.0 port, which is a convenient feature when both USB 3.0 and eSATA connections are unavailable. With built-in RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5+hot-spare and JBOD, the ER104UT+B provides hardware RAID redundancy protection against hard drive failures. A brand new RAID mode, CLONE or N-Way Mirror, is also introduced to replicate the saved data throughout each of the installed hard drives. The RAID engine is embedded within the enclosure and performs all RAID parity calculations to reduce CPU utilization from the host computer, RAID controller cards are no longer necessary.
Visit EliteRAID ER104UT+ / ER104UT+B Performance Comparison via USB 2.0 / 3.0 / eSATA for more details.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- World first 1U 4 bay USB 3.0 and eSATA Hardware RAID 5 storage.
- Hardware RAID, supporting RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, JBOD, Clone and hot spare disk.
- Over 200MB/s read and 170MB/s write performance.
- eSATA and USB 3.0 interface.
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0.
- True hardware RAID design within the enclosure, no driver and additional RAID controller needed.
- New Clone mode (N-way Mirror) - all the hard drives connected will be mirrored. Clone mode is especially useful when users would like to copy data form one hard drive to several hard drives at the same time.
- Supports SATA hard drives.
- Over 3TB per volume via eSATA and USB on OS that support 3TB and above.
- Automatic insertion / removal detection and rebuild.
- Hardware RAID with standard Interface. No extra drivers required.
- Optional rackmount bracket.
- Redundant power supply option available.