The EliteRAID ER104I+B is the latest hardware RAID storage to EliteRAID iSCSI solution. ER104I+B is a 1U 4 bay dual channel iSCSI storage support advanced features, such as Multiple Channel per Session (MC/S), iSCSI jumbo frame and Microsoft MPIO. SCSI-3 persistent target is supported for clustering server application. Build-in Web GUI management interface and event notification E-mail, SNMP trap, browser pop-up Windows, Syslog and Windows Messenger allow administrator to monitor the status with ease. Beside RAID5, Mirroring (RAID 1) and Striping (RAID 0), ER104I supports RAID 6 to protect against up to 2 hard drives defect. Utilizing both SATA I and SATA II host interfaces, and dual gigabit Ethernet port (up to 190MB/s), the ER104I is guaranteed to achieve the best performance with fail-safe file protection.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- Intel IOP 64bit processor with 512MB memory, upgradeable to 1GB.
- Support iSCSI Multiple Channel per Session (MC/S).
- Support Microsoft MPIO.
- Support iSCSI Jumbo Frame.
- SCSI-3 persistent target supported. Support Windows Server 2008 clustering.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, JBOD. Local N-way mirror supported.
- Support Global and dedicated hot spare disks.
- Online volume expansion and migration.
- UPS management supported via serial port.
- HTTP Web GUI, SSH telnet and serial management interface.
- Event notification via E-mail, SNMP trap, browser pop up windows, Syslog and Windows Messenger.
- iSNS supported.
- Up to 190MB/s read/write performance.
- Optional battery backup module.