The EliteRAID ER424UTI6G is a 4U 24-bay rackmount with USB 3.0 / eSATA / iSCSI interfaces (4x Gigabit Ethernet), and embedded hardware RAID engine. The hardware RAID feature offloads complex RAID calculations from the client's operating system to the RAID engine, which increases the overall read/write performance and eliminates OS compatibility issues. The built-in Web GUI management interface and event notification with SMTP E-mail and SNMP trap allow administrators to monitor unit status remotely via web browser without the need for additional software. In addition to RAID 5, Mirroring (RAID 1) and Striping (RAID 0), the ER424UTI6G also supports RAID 6 to protect stored data against up to two hard drive failures. JBOD is supported to allows drives to be accessed individually. Utilizing SATA drive interfaces, the ER424UTI6G is guaranteed to achieve the high performance with fail-safe file protection.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- USB 3.0 / 6G eSATA / iSCSI (Gigabit Ethernet x 4)
- iSCSI support with Jumbo frame, header/data digest, CHAP authentication.
- 4 port iSCSI support MPIO, MC/s, Trunking and LACP (802.3ad) for failover and redundancy.
- Dedicated 1.2GHz RAID engines I/O processor with 2GB DDR-3 ECC memory
- Hardware RAID to eliminate OS compatibility and increase overall performance.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 10(1E), 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, Single Disk (JBOD) with hot spare disk.
- Supports the latest hard drives; up to 64TB in a single volume.
- Over 2TB volume supported.
- Supports online RAID migration and online storage RAID capacity expansion to eliminate access downtime.
- Up to 8 different RAID volumes (USB and eSATA with Port Multiplier), 128 volumes in iSCSI
- Built-in HTTP web GUI management. No additional software required.
- Event notification via E-mail and SNMP trap.
- Serial port and LCD management is provided when HTTP web GUI is unavailable.
- Optional redundant power supply for protection against power supply failure.