The AccuRAID AR224F16 Series is a 2U rack-mountable RAID solution designed for file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. With a capacity of up to 24TB, this array is perfect for any application that requires a high volume storage solution. With high-performance 16G Fibre Channel host interface and cutting edge SAS and SATA dual hard drive and SSD support, the AR224F16 is guaranteed to deliver 16Gbps FC performance per channel. Users could flexibly choose between high performance SAS drives or cost-effective / high capacity SATA drives. With SAS expander support, the AR224F16 is capable of up to 240TB of capacity with additional AS224X12S JBOD expansion units. The feature-rich array allows the user to configure the unit to suit current demands and expand later when needed. The array utilizes 24 hot-swappable 2.5” trays for SAS/SATA drives, allowing quick replacement and simple trouble-shooting. The AR224F16 RAID subsystem could also be easily scaled to RAID levels 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 or JBOD configurations. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel , the AR224F16 will meet all data intensive application demand. AR224F16 comes with modular RAID controller, redundant power supply and redundant cooling fans. Built-in redundant controller ready backplane allows non-destructive redundancy controller upgrade path without purchasing a brand new hardware.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- 1.2GHz Dual Core processor with 1GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 8GB).
- Support 2.5" form factor, support both 9.5mm and 15mm height drives.
- SAS/ SATA RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Dual Channel Fibre Channel 16Gb/s connector supporting fail-over.
- Supports SAS JBOD (AS224X12S) expansion with up to total of 112 drive bays.
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Upgradable to redundant controller version (AR224F16R) for high availability and redundancy.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with hot spare and multiple volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array roaming, online RAID level / stripe size migration and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion / removal detection.
- NVRAM transaction log, and S.M.A.R.T. to improve the RAID system integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via RS-232 port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM, redundant RAID controller firmware upgrade via RS-232 and WEB GUI.