The AccuRAID AR212E Series is a 2U 12 bay rack-mountable RAID solution designed for file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. It is capable of up to 288TB of capacity with additional AS212X6S JBOD storage expansion units, and is the perfect solution for applications requiring large storage spaces. Build upon hardware RAID engines utilizes in the AccuRAID rackmount unit, the AR212E provides PCI Express 2.0 x8 of 8000MB/s with cutting edge SAS and SATA hard drive technology. The array supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 and JBOD modes. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel, the AR212E is built with Web or RS232 management Interfaces along with SMTP manager monitoring all system events. The AR212E is an easy to use building block for large storage systems, and is guaranteed to achieve the most cost-effective performance and data protection. The AR212E comes with modular RAID controller, redundant power supply and redundant cooling fans, as well as PCIe 2.0 x8 re-driver card and PCIe x8 cable.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Over 200MB/s read and 170MB/s write performance.
- Firewire 800, eSATA and USB 2.0 interface.
- True hardware RAID design within the enclosure, no driver and no additional RAID controller needed.
- New Clone mode (N-way Mirror) all the hard drives connected will be mirrored. Clone mode is especially useful when users would like to copy data form a hard drive to several hard drives simultaneously.
- Supports SATA I (1.5Gb/s) and SATA II (3Gb/s) hard drives.
- Over 2TB per volume via eSATA and USB on OS that support 2TB and above.
- Automatic insertion / removal detection and rebuild.
- Hardware RAID with standard Interface. No extra drivers required.
- Includes five hot-swappable hard drive trays for easy hard disk replacement.
- Compact, stylish 5 bay tower design with protective ventilating front cover.
- Hardware RAID, supporting RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, Clone and hot spare disk.