The AccuSTOR AS316IX is a 3U rack-mountable 6G SAS JBOD rackmount for expansion with AccuRAID AR316I or AR316IT, SAS/SATA to iSCSI RAID storage. AS316IX is a single controller Quad iSCSI RAID storage array with Dual controller upgrade capability. Customer can opt to upgrade from single controller to dual at a later time with minimum effort. The built-in second controller expansion slot allows simple upgrade to dual IO redundant controller simply by insert a second controller to the system. Utilizing the latest SAS technology, the AS316IX provides mini-SAS host to 16 high performance 6G SAS hard drives or high capacity SATA drives. The AS316IX includes one mini-SAS port for AR316I or AR316IT RAID head unit and one mini-SAS expanders; allowing the AR316I or AR316IT to expand up to 3 more additional units of AS316IX up to a total of 64 HDDs (3U-16 AR316I or AR316IT Plus 3 more 3U-16 AS316iX=64HDD or 196TB Total Raw capacity). When AR316I or AR316IT and AS316IX are daisy-chained together, it establishes a single multi-terabyte RAID capable volume, saving users the cost of purchasing additional RAID units. Redundant power supply, hot-swappable cooling fan and cable-less backplane design allows easy trouble-shooting and maintenance. The versatility of the AS316IX allows easy configuration and integration with existing AccuRAID AR316I or AR316IT storage system ensuring long term data expansion capability and usability.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Single upgradeable Controller. Built-in expansion controller slot for future dual IO upgrade.
- Supports high performance 6G SAS hard drives and cost-effective 6G SATA hard drives.
- Backward compatibile with 3G hard drives.
- 16 hot-swappable drive bays.
- Expand AR316I or AR316IT storage capacity with mini-SAS expansion port.
- Mini-SAS host interface supporting both SAS host bus adapters and SAS RAID cards.
- Includes mini-SAS expander for expansion, supports up to 3 * AS316IX (up to 64HDD Total at 196TB total raw capacity, one 16 bay AR316I or AR316IT with three 16 bay AS316IX).
- Fully modular design cable-less backplane, Redundant power supplies and hot-swappable cooling fans ensuring hardware redundancy and reduce system down time.