The TowerRAID TR4UTBPN is a 4-bay hardware RAID 5 storage tower that utilizes high performance USB 3.0 and eSATA interfaces to provide over 200MB/s in performance. The included USB 3.0 port is backwards compatible with widely available USB 2.0 ports, which is a convenient feature when both USB 3.0 and eSATA connections are unavailable. With built-in RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5 with hot-spare and JBOD, the TR4UTBPN provides hardware RAID redundancy protection against hard drive failures. A brand new RAID mode, CLONE or N-Way Mirror, is also introduced to replicate the saved data throughout each installed hard drive. The RAID engine is embedded within the enclosure and performs all RAID parity calculation to reduce CPU utilization from the host PC. RAID controller cards are unnecessary. The TR4UTBPN is the ultimate RAID storage for all storage needs.
- Hardware RAID, supporting RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, JBOD, Clone and hot spare disk.
- Over 200MB/s read and 170MB/s write performance.
- eSATA and USB 3.0 interface.
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0.
- True hardware RAID design within the enclosure, no driver and no additional RAID controller needed.
- New Clone mode (N-way Mirror) - all the hard drives connected will be mirrored. Clone mode is especially useful when users would like to copy data form one hard drive to several hard drives at the same time.
- Supports SATA I / II / III (1.5Gb/s, 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s) hard drives.
- Over 2TB per volume via eSATA and USB on OS that support 2TB and above.
- Automatic insertion / removal detection and rebuild.
- Hardware RAID with standard Interface. No extra drivers required.
- Compact, stylish 4 bay tower design with protective ventilating cover.