The EliteSTOR ES208X+B is a 2U SAS 6G JBOD rackmount for high capacity storage solution. Utilizing the latest 6G SAS technology, the ES208X+B provides two mini-SAS connection, up to 24 Gb/s per cable or 2400MB/s per cable of data bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The ES208X+B supports SATA or SAS 6Gbps hard drives or SSD and is backward compatible to 3Gbps SAS & SATA hard drives. By utilizing the latest SAS technology, the ES208X+B supports up to 8 SAS or SATA drives using only two mini-SAS cable. With a high performance RAID controller card such as Areca ARC-1882X or LSI 9285-8E, the ES208X+B is capable of delivering over 1700MB/s in read and 1500MB/s in write performance, doubling the existing 3G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable, hard drives tray modules and built-in mounting rail. The ES208X+B is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 6G SAS Technology - Connect 8 SAS or SATA drives with only two SFF-8088 to 8088 Mini-.SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter).
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives and 24Gbps of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 2000MB/s in read and 2000MB/s in write.
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Redundant Power Supply - Optional hot-swappable, redundant power is useful for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware are included - Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca, LSI MegaRAID, Intel, HP, ATTO, Adaptec and Highpoint SAS RAID Adapters.