SCALA Storage Solution - Large Scale Surveillance for Global Hotel Chain
570+ HD Cameras, > 1 Petabyte SCALA Storage Video Surveillance Solution with Milestone VMS
- Have enough bandwidth to record 500+ camera in a shared environment.
- Mission critical: Constantly recording in a hotel environment
- Hugh network bandwidth requirements for recording, play back and archiving the recording.
- High file operation, 500+ camera equal to 500+at least write operation at the same time, more during play back (read operation) and archiving (read and write).
- Ability to expands within the shared data location.
- Easy to manage GUI for over PB storage.
Supports 500+ Camera in a Single Name Space
All videos stored in the same location for easy access and review. All Milestone VMS servers can access same data at the same time.
High Concurrency Support for Direct Camera Recording and Milestone Archiving
SCALA Storage has been designed from the ground up for high concurrency support. This allows all 500+ 3MP cameras to record directly to the SCALA Storage and allows Milestone database archiving for ease of operation.
High Redundancy for Mission Critical Recording
SCALA Cluster provides non-stop operation with no single points of failure. An entire storage node can be offline for repairs while video recording and reviewing without downtime.
Single Management Screen for Server Status and Future Diagnostics
SCALA Storage provides a single management screen for the entire capacity. Example; monitoring the system health of 10 storage nodes, 2 metadata servers, and 6 Milestone servers. In addition, performance is logged for further diagnostic issues.
Allow Instant Storage Expansion without Interruption
Storage sizes can be expanded with additional storage nodes instantly. Capacity expansion is done without interruption of recording or service. It also allow future cameras or Milestone server expansion.
Simple Setup, Running on TCP/IP Network
Entire setup is done using TCP/IP networking without the need for complicated network settings. No additional Fibre Channel or iSCSI setup.