The EliteRAID ER208I+B is the latest hardware RAID storage to EliteRAID iSCSI solution. ER208I+B is a 2U 8-bay dual channel iSCSI storage supporting advanced features, such as Multiple Channel per Session (MC/S), iSCSI jumbo frame and Microsoft MPIO. SCSI-3 persistent target is available for clustering server application. Built-in Web GUI management interface and event notification E-mail, SNMP trap, browser pop-up Windows, Syslog and Windows Messenger allow administrators to monitor unit status with ease. Besides RAID 5, Mirroring (RAID 1) and Striping (RAID 0), ER208I+B supports RAID 6 to protect against up to two hard drive defects. Utilizing both SATA I and SATA II host interfaces, and dual gigabit Ethernet port (up to 190MB/s), the ER208I+B is guaranteed to achieve the best performance with fail-safe file protection.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- Intel IOP 64bit processor with 512MB memory, upgradeable to 1GB.
- Supports iSCSI Multiple Channel per Session (MC/S).
- Supports Microsoft MPIO.
- Supports iSCSI Jumbo Frame.
- Supports SCSI-3 persistent target. Supports Windows Server 2008 clustering.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, JBOD. Local N-way mirror supported.
- Supports global and dedicated hot spare disks.
- Online volume expansion and migration.
- UPS management supported via serial port.
- HTTP Web GUI, SSH telnet and serial management interface.
- Event notification via E-mail, SNMP trap, browser pop up windows, Syslog and Windows Messenger.
- iSNS supported.
- Up to 190MB/s read/write performance.
- Optional battery backup module.