The EliteSTOR ES444X12 is a 4U SAS 12G JBOD rackmount for high capacity storage solution. Utilizing the latest 12G SAS expander technology, the ES444X12 provides up to 12G x4, 48Gb/s or 4800MB/s of data bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The ES444X12 supports SATA or SAS 12Gb/s hard drives or SSD and is backward compatible to 6Gb/s SAS & SATA hard drives. By uftilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the ES444X12 supports up to 44 SAS or SATA drives using only one HD mini-SAS (SFF-8644) cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 256 HDD drives daisy-chained together. With a high performance RAID controller card such as Areca 12G RAID controller ARC-1883X, Intel, Dell Perc, HP or Broadcom / LSI MegaRAID 12G RAID controller, the ES444X12 is capable of delivering over in 3,000MB/s in read and write performance, doubling the existing 6G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable, hard drives tray modules and built-in mounting rail. The ES444X12 is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 12Gb/s SAS Expander Technology - Connect 44 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8644 to 8644 HD Mini-.SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controller.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 12Gb/s or SAS 12Gb/s hard drives and 48Gb/s of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 3,000MB/s in read and write (tested with 12G SAS RAID controller card (ARC-1883X)).
- IPMI Power Control - Build-in IPMI management supporting remote power on/off and monitor.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input / Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the HD mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) or RAID card without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 256 drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion via SAS expander.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Redundant Power Supply - hot-swappable, redundant power is useful for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware are included - HD Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca ARC-1883X, Intel, Dell Perc, HP, Broadcom / LSI SAS MegaRAID, and other industry standard 12G RAID card.