EliteSTOR ES104X12G 1U 4 bay SAS 12G / SATA 6G SFF-8644 Storage Rackmount
The EliteSTOR ES104X12G is a 1U SAS 12G JBOD rackmount for high capacity storage solution. Utilizing the latest 12G SAS expander technology, the ES104X12G provides up to 48Gb/s or 4800MB/s of data bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The ES104X12G supports SATA or SAS 12Gb/s hard drives or SSD and is backward compatible to 6Gb/s SAS & SATA hard drives. By directly connecting hard drives using mini-SAS HD (SFF-8644) cable, the ES104X12G supports up to 4 12G SAS or 6G SATA drives with the best performance available, while cutting down cabling issues by using one mini-SAS HD SFF-8644 cable. With a high performance RAID controller card such as Areca 12G RAID controller ARC-1883X or LSI MegaRAID series, the ES104X12G is capable of delivering the highest performance available in the market, and doubling the existing 6G SAS bandwidth. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS HD cable and hard drives tray modules. The ES104X12G is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 12Gb/s SAS Technology - Connect 4 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8644 to 8644 Mini-.SAS HD cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controller.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 12Gb/s or SAS 12Gb/s hard drives and 48Gb/s of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 3,000MB/s in read and write (tested with 12G SAS RAID controller card).
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- All hardware are included - Mini-SAS HD cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca ARC-1883X, LSI SAS MegaRAID, and other industry standard 12G RAID card.