The AccuRAID AR316X12 Series is a 3U rack-mountable RAID solution designed for file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. It is capable of install over 200+ 8TB HDD drives with additional AS316X12S JBOD storage expansion units, and is the perfect solution for applications requiring large storage spaces. With an industry proven Dual Channel 12G SAS host interface, the AR316X12 provides 12G SAS bandwidth and cutting edge SAS and SATA hard drive technology. The array supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 and JBOD modes. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel, the AR316X12 is built with Web or RS232 management Interfaces along with SMTP manager monitoring all system events. The AR316X12 is an easy to use building block for large storage systems, and is guaranteed to achieve the most cost-effective performance and data protection. The AR316X12 comes with modular RAID controller, redundant power supply and redundant cooling fans. Built-in redundant controller ready backplane allows non-destructive redundancy controller upgrade path without purchasing a brand new hardware.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 1.2GHz processor with 2GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 8GB).
- Support both 3.5" and 2.5" form factor hard drives and SSD.
- 12G SAS / SATA RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Dual Channel 12G SAS connector supporting fail-over.
- Supports SAS JBOD (AS316X12S) expansion with up to a total of 256 SAS devices.
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Upgradable to redundant controller version (AR316X12R) for high availability and redundancy.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with hot spare and multiple volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array roaming, online RAID level / stripe size migration, and online capacity expansion.
- Hot-swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion/ removal detection.
- NVRAM transaction log, and S.M.A.R.T. to improve the RAID system integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via RS-232 port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM, redundant RAID controller firmware upgrade via RS-232 and WEB GUI.