The AccuSTOR AS316X12S series is a high density 3U rackmount designed for storage hungry applications, and accommodates up to 128TB of storage space. Supporting latest SAS 12G technology, AS316X12S provide 12G solution for 12G SAS or 6G SATA drives. By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the AS316X12S supports up to 16 SAS or SATA drives using only one mini-SAS HD cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 7 units or 112 HDD drives daisy-chained together, up to 896TB. With a high performance RAID controller card, the AS316X12S is capable of delivering over 2300MB/s in read and 2000MB/s write performance, doubling the existing 6G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable and hard drives tray modules. Build-in with single controller with dual 6G SAS channel, and can upgrade to redundant controller in the future. The AS316X12S is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations. Supported in Windows, MAC and Linux, including various file system such as ZFS.
AS316X12S functions as expansion unit of AR316X12 and AR316F16. With AR316X12 and AR316F16 as a RAID head unit and connect up to 7 units of AS316X12S, it will provide up to 120 bays for 12G SAS and Fibre Channel 16Gb/s hardware RAID storage.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 12G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 16 12G SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8644 to SFF-8644 Mini-SAS HD cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controllers. (SATA drives require MUX controller when use in dual controller mode.)
- Support 2.5" and 3.5" SATA/SAS/SSD - 12 of 3.5" hard drives tray supporting 3.5" hard drives, along with 2.5" form factor screw holes. (SATA drives requires optional MUX board)
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 12G hard drives and 48Gb/s bandwidth, performance can reach over 2,300MB/s in read and 2,000MB/s in write (tested with LSI/AVAGO, ATTO and Areca Controllers).
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS HD connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 7 enclosures or up to 112 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases. (SATA drives requires optional MUX board)
- Standard Redundant Power Supply - Hot-swappable, redundant power is included for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware is included - Mini-SAS HD cable, cooling fan, and tray modules are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Dual IO /dual controller for fully redundancy - System come with redundant controller, cooling fan and power supply, complete redundant subsystems.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca, LSI/AVAGO SAS MegaRAID, Intel SAS RAID, Adaptec SAS RAID, and 3Ware SAS RAID adapters.
- Work as expansion for existing hardware RAID storage - Supports expansion from AccuRAID subsystems, such as AR316X12R and AR316F16R.