The AccuRAID AR464F816 series is a very high density 4U rackmount designed for storage hungry applications, and accommodates up to 1024TB of storage space, using revolutionary top-loaded design. The unit utilizes advanced SAS interface technology operating as direct attached storage (DAS). In addition, the dual channel SAS ports allow the support of clustering, where the unit could be accessed by two servers, ensuring continuous uptime in a production environment.
To reinforce the AR464F16’s ability to overcome hardware failure, two redundant and hot-swappable power supplies and cooling fans are available for added safeguard. Internally, the AR464F16 supports up to RAID 60, with RAID monitoring, RAID notification, automatic failover, and automatic recovery. Build-in expansion port allow additional JBOD unit (AS480X6) with up to 144 bays. The unit’s built-in Ethernet port with web based management console and SES management features provide instant access to the status of the RAID array and the enclosure to reduce downtime. SAS and SATA drives are supported.
AR464F16's 4U 64-bay top-loaded high density design provide space saving, allow fewer power outlet, which in term generate less-heat, requires less cooling and saving on energy cost, providing an ideal solution for high capacity stroage needs.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 4U 64 bay high density storage for high spacing, high energy saving storage rackmount.
- Redundant controller built-in to provide high availability and high performance.
- 1.2GHz processor with 2GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 8GB) per controller.
- Support both 3.5" and 2.5" form factor hard drives and SSD.
- SAS / SATA RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Quad Channel 8G Fibre Channel connector per controller, supporting fail-over.
- Supports SAS JBOD (AS480X6) expansion with up to total of 144 drive bays
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- MAID 2.0 support
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with hot spare and multiple volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array roaming, online RAID level / stripe size migration, and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion/ removal detection.
- NVRAM transaction log, and S.M.A.R.T. to improve the RAID system integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via RS-232 port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM, redundant RAID controller firmware upgrade via RS-232 and WEB GUI.