The AccuRAID AR316I6 is a 3U 16-bay active-active redundant controllers iSCSI to SAS/SATA RAID subsystem. With single upgradble RAID controllers, along with the redundant powers and cooling fans, AccrRAID AR316I6 provides a peace of mind by providing redundancy and performance. With built-in 6x 1Gb Ethernet ports supporting independent access, fail-over or load-balancing (802.3ad port trunking, LACP), AR316I6 is capable of composing a high performance SAN environment with a fraction of the cost of Fibre Channel RAID storage systems. Supporting RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 and JBOD, with global or dedicated hot spare disks, multiple hard drive failure could be protected without downtime or data loss. The built-in powerful 64-bit RAID processor provides high performance through-put.
The built-in Snapshot feature provides point-in-time copy of saved data without relying on the host software. Management is available via Web and Secure Web (HTTPS), SSH telnet or serial console, with built-in event notification via e-mail or SNMP trap. Redundant power supplies, cooling fans and controllers are part of the modularized design to allow redundancy as well as off-self spare parts to eliminate downtime. To increase the return of investment, AR316I6 supports both SAS and SATA drives, and could be expanded by adding up to 256 additional SAS/SATA drives, providing solutions up to 2PB in total storage capacity. Intended to provide storage solution for IT and vitalization server computing with VMware vSphere or, Microsoft Hyper-V or Citrix with SCSI-3 persistent target support, the AR316I6 is a perfect solution for Storage Area Network needs in IT and other applications.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Intel 64-bit processor with 4GB on-board ECC cache memory per controller, total memory of 8G. (upgradeable to 8GB per controller).
- Active-active dual redundant controller.
- SAS / SATA RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- 10G SFP+ * 2 and 1Gb GbE x2 per controller. (Total 4x 10G and 4x GbE), supports 802.3ad port trunking, LACP support.
- Support SCSI-3 Persistent Target for Windows Server Clustering.
- Support VMware Sphere, ESX/ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix.
- Supports SAS or SATA hard drives.
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with global and dedicated hot spare and multiple volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array migration and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion/ removal detection.
- Built-in Snapshot and Windows Volume Shadow Copy Support (VSS).
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via serial port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Built-in event notifcation via e-mail and SNMP trap.
- iSNS and DHCP supported.