The TowerRAID TR4X6G is a 4-bay tower with a single mini-SAS connection, for high transfer rates of up to 2,400MB/s when used with a high performance RAID controller card. Utilizing high bandwidth mini-SAS (SFF-8088) cabling, the TR4X6G supports 6G SAS or 6G SATA hard drives to deliver superior read / write speeds that are crucial in performance-driven environments such as video editing industry and server application. The mini-SAS ports combine four hard drives connections into one, reducing possible points of failures, while preserving uninterrupted data transfer. The TR4X6G also supports SATA drives, allowing users the option to choose between high performance and high capacity storage solutions. Hard drive and RAID controller bundle options are available. When utilizing a SAS or SATA RAID controller, the unit could effortlessly support multi-streaming of compressed high-quality playback or a single-stream of uncompressed 10-bit high definition video under various RAID modes.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Four 3.5-inch SAS or SATA hard disk drives to SFF-8088 Mini-SAS interface.
- Accesses four hard drives using only one cables.
- Modularize design, with 4 x hot-swappable trays
- Supports JBOD, spanning, RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5, 6 with spare via RAID controller.
- Supports Areca, Dell, LSI, Intel, Adaptec, HighPoint SAS or SATA RAID controllers.
- Cable-less backplane design supporting hot-swappable SATA and SAS hard drives.
- Supports plug & play for easy installation.
- Compact enclosure with dust-free cover.
- Supports PC, MAC and Linux. (Please check HBA or RAID controller driver compatibility.)