The TowerRAID TR8M+NC is a port multiplier solution for connecting 8 drives using only two cables. This compact JBOD tower utilizing the latest SATA port multiplier technology, where two eSATA cables connects to eight SATA hard drives. Hard drives can be access to the computer individually, providing instant storage expansion with ease. Designed with easy installation in mind, the hot-swappable hard drives tray allows instant setup by simply install the hard drives after opening the protective ventilating cover. Port Multiplier technology is widely available in current eSATA port, including home sever, laptop and personal computer, and an optional port multiplier supported eSATA controller can be purchases for added performance and functionality, such as RAID application. TR8M+NC supported in Windows, Linux and Mac, including storage expansion, home server applications as well as personal data backup.
* SATA/eSATA port require support port multiplier in order for your computer to recognize multiple hard drive. Port multiplier supported eSATA port is required. Please see Sans Digital eSATA port multiplier controller card selections.
Note:Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Supports PC, Linux and MAC OS, including Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 and MAC OS.
- Accesses eight hard drives using only two cable.
- Host interface: eSATA with Port Multiplier. *
- Drive interface: 8 x 3.5" SATA, 8TB hard drives supported.
- Support port multiplier enabled RAID adapter for additional RAID application.