The MobileSTOR MS8X6 series is a 8 bay dual channel mini-SAS SAS expander tower comprised of the same engines as the AccuSTOR / EliteSTOR enterprise level rackmount storage. Utilizing the same engine structure as the high-end rackmounts, the MobileSTOR provides storage features such as dual channel support and 6Gb/s SAS expander technology, the MobileSTOR MS8X6 provides up to 24 Gb/s or 2400MB/s of data bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The MS8X6 supports SATA or SAS 6Gbps hard drives and is backward compatible to 3Gbps SAS & SATA hard drives. By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the MS8X6 supports up to 8 SAS or SATA drives using only one mini-SAS cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 4 units or 32 HDD drives daisy-chained together. With a high performance RAID controller card such as Areca ARC-1880X or LSI 9280-8E, the MS8X6 is capable of delivering over 800MB/s in read/write performance with RAID controller and over 1500MB/s when using with 2 units, doubling the existing 3G SAS expander bandwidth. Drives status information is provided by the LED. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable and hard drives tray modules. The MS8X6 is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 6G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 8 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8088 to 8088 Mini-.SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID Controller.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives and 24Gbps of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 800MB/s in read/write with one unit and 1500MB/s in read/write with two MS8X6 unit, when using with RAID controller.
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 4 enclosures or up to 32 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- All hardware are included - Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca ARC-1880X and LSI SAS MegaRAID SAS RAID Adapters.