The EliteSTOR KT-212X12HPS401 is a complete 2U 12G SAS RAID solution for performance hungry RAID storage solution. Utilizing the latest 12G SAS expander technology, the KT-212X12HPS401 provides up to 48Gb/s or 4800MB/s of data bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The KT-212X12HPS401 supports SATA or SAS 12Gb/s hard drives or SSD and is backward compatible to 6Gb/s SAS & SATA hard drives. By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the KT-212X12HPS401 supports up to 12 SAS or SATA drives using only one HD mini-SAS (SFF-8644) cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 256 drives drives daisy-chained together. The system comes with a high performance RAID controller card, and the KT-212X12HPS401 is capable of delivering over in 3,000MB/s read and write performance, doubling the existing 6G SAS expander bandwidth. Dedicated dual-core RAID engines provides RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 support with enterprises features and performances. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status, as well as RAID controller's event log and e-mail notification system. All necessary hardware comes standard including RAID controller card, mini-SAS cable, hard drives tray modules and built-in mounting rail. The KT-212X12HPS401 is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations. Support Windows (Vista or up, Server 2003 or up), Apple (OS X 10.4 or up), Linux and BSD. VMware ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V is also supported.
Complete 12G solution with undled with 12G PCIe 3.0 x8 RAID 6 RAID controller
The systems come with 12G PCIe 3.0 SAS RAID 6 controller. This complete solution provide end to end 12G solutions, from drives to enclosure to the RAID controller card. Bundled controller card equipped with dedicated dual-core 1.2GHz RAID processor and 2GB DDR-3 1866 memory, the overall performance generated over 3,000MB/s, suitable for performance-hungry database application or 4K video editing stations. Critical event such as RAID failure or cooling fan status is communicate via in-band cables (no extra management cable) and provide detail event log and e-mail notification. Other features includes online RAID capacity expansion, online RAID migration, remote or local web-based GUI interface and optional battery backup modules (BBM) for data integrity. Support all major operating systems, includes Windows (Windows Vista, 7, 8, Server 2003 and 2012), MAC (OS X 10.4 or above), or Linux and FreeBSD. Also support in virtual environment including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V. Thunderbolt 1 or Thunderbolt 2 is supported via Thunderbolt to PCIe conversion box.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- This Model included below:
- ES212X12 Unit
- PCIe RAID 6 RAID controller
- 12x 8TB Enterprise SAS 7,200 RPM Drives installed
- 5 additional spare drives with trays for offline spare
- 12Gb/s SAS Expander Technology - Connect 12 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8644 to 8644 HD Mini-.SAS cable to bundled RAID controller.
- Complete 12Gb/s End to End RAID solutions - Support 12G hard drives, bundled with PCIe 3.0 12G RAID controller and 12G SAS Expander enclosure.
- 12G PCIe 3.0 x8 RAID controller - Dedicated 1.2GHz dual-core RAID controller, with 2GB DDR-3 1866 memory .
- DataBolt™ technology - Aggregate bandwidth from 6Gb/s and 3Gb/s hard disk drives and SSD to a 12Gb/s data stream by intelligently buffering data, result in over 50% increase.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 12Gb/s or SAS 12Gb/s hard drives and 48Gb/s of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 3,000MB/s in read and write.
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Monitor drives and enclosure status without additional cables- Serial General Purpose Input / Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the HD mini-SAS connection cable to the RAID controller without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 256 drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion via SAS expander.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Redundant Power Supply - Optional hot-swappable, redundant power is useful for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware are included - 12G PCIe 3.0 RAID controller, HD Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. Instantly increase the storage space with only 15 mins. Install RAID controller card to computer, load apporiate
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca ARC-1883X, LSI SAS MegaRAID, and other industry standard 12G RAID card.