The AccuSTOR AS464X12S is a high density 4U 64 bay rackmount designed for storage hungry applications and accommodates over PB of storage space. Supporting latest SAS 12G technology, AS464X12S provide 12G solution for 12G SAS or 6G SATA drives (additional mux board required for Redundant Controller). By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the AS464X12S supports up to 64 SAS or SATA drives using only one mini-SAS cable. Dual SAS channel support RAID controller card or non-RAID HBA for big data storage requirements. With a high performance RAID controller card, the AS464X12S is capable of delivering over 2000MB/s in read and write performance, doubling the existing 6G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED and front LCD, and information including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable and hard drives tray modules. The AS464X12S is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations. Supported in Windows, MAC and Linux, including various file system such as ZFS, VMware, and Hadoop.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 12G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 64 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8644 to 8644 Mini-.SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controllers.
- Support LFF and SFF Form Factor - Support both 3.5" and 2.5" Hard drives and SSD.
- Dual Channel SAS Controller - Dual SAS channel provide up to two host server connection, as well as support of zoning. Upgradable to redundant controller to provides high availability option, allowing automatically failover in event of controller failure.
- Superior Performance - Support of SATA 6G or SAS 12G hard drives, with 12G SAS expander in 48Gb/s bandwidth.
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Redundant Power Supply - Hot-swappable, redundant power is included for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware is included - Mini-SAS HD cable, cooling fan, and tray modules are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Wide Range Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca, ATTO, Dell, LSI, Intel SAS expander controller.