The AccuSTOR AS224X6S series is a high density 2U rackmount designed for high performance RAID controller or SAS host bus adapter HBA for 2.5" small form factor SFF based SSD or hard drives. Supporting latest SAS 6G technology, AS224X6S provide 6G solution for 6G SAS or 6G SATA drives. By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the AS224X6S supports up to 24 SAS or SATA SSD or hard drives using only one mini-SAS cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 5 units or 120 HDD drives daisy-chained together. With a high performance RAID controller card, the AS224X6S is capable of delivering over 2000MB/s in read / write performance, doubling the existing 3G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable and hard drives tray modules. Build-in with single controller with dual 6G SAS channel, and can upgrade to redundant controller in the future. The AS224X6S is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations. Supported in Windows, MAC and Linux, including various file system such as ZFS or VMware.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- 6G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 24 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8088 to 8088 Mini-SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controllers. (SATA drives require MUX controller when use in dual controller mode.)
- Support 2.5" SATA/SAS/SSD - 24 of 2.5" small form factor SFF hard drives tray supporting SATA or SAS SSD or hard drives.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives and 24Gbps bandwidth, performance can reach over 2000MB/s in write (tested with LSI, ATTO and Areca Controllers).
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 5 enclosures or up to 120 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Standard Redundant Power Supply - Hot-swappable, redundant power is included for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware is included - Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, and tray modules are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Upgradable to dual controller - System can start with single controller with dual 6G SAS channel, and upgrade to redundant controller for added protection in the future.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca, ATTO, Dell Perc, LSI SAS MegaRAID, Intel SAS RAID, and HP SAS RAID adapters.