The AccuSTOR AS224X6R series is a 2U 24 bay rackmount designed for high performance RAID controller or SAS host bus adapter HBA for 2.5" small form factor SFF based SSD or hard drives. Supporting latest SAS 6G technologies, AS224X6R provide 6G solution for 6G SAS or 6G SATA drives (mux board is required for SATA drives). By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the AS224X6R supports up to 24 SSD or hard drives using only one mini-SAS cable per controller. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 5 units or 120 HDD drives daisy-chained together. With a high performance RAID controller card, the AS224X6R is capable of delivering over 2000MB/s in read / write performance, doubling the existing 3G SAS expander bandwidth. Build-in redundant dual controller provide high availability storage solution when using with non-RAID SAS HBA in Windows cluster (Windows Storage Space 2012) or Linux / FreeBSD based high availability solution (ZFS dual path storage). AS224X6R also support hardware based high availability direct attached storage (HA DAS, LSI Syncro Storage solutions). System status information is provided by the LED, including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable and hard drives tray modules. The AS224X6R is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- 6G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 24 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8088 to 8088 Mini-SAS cable per controller to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controllers. (SATA drives require MUX controller when use in dual controller mode.)
- Support 2.5" SATA/SAS/SSD - 24 of 2.5" small form factor SFF hard drives tray supporting SATA or SAS SSD or hard drives.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives and 24Gbps bandwidth, performance can reach over 2000MB/s in write (tested with ATTO, Areca, Dell Perc, LSI MegaRAID and HP Controllers).
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 5 enclosures or up to 120 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Standard Redundant Power Supply - Hot-swappable, redundant power is included for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware is included - Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, and tray modules are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Upgradable to dual controller - System can start with single controller with dual 6G SAS channel, and upgrade to redundant controller for added protection in the future.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca, ATTO, Dell Perc, LSI SAS MegaRAID, Intel SAS RAID, and HP SAS RAID adapters.
- Dual Path with SAS Drives - Dual controller with SAS drives provides redundancy path for high availability. Support high availibility clustering in Windows (Windows Storage Space 2012) or Linux / FreeBSD based (ZFS high availbility options)
- High Availability Direct Attached Storage - Support LSI Syncro HA DAS storage solution for hardware RAID based high availability solutions.