The AccuRAID AR442X6R series is a high density 4U rackmount designed for storage hungry applications, and accommodates up to 126TB of storage space. The unit utilizes advanced 6G SAS interface technology operating as direct attached storage (DAS). In addition, the dual channel SAS ports allow the support of clustering, where the unit could be accessed by two servers, ensuring continuous uptime in a production environment.
To reinforce the AR442X6R’s ability to overcome hardware failure, two redundant and hot-swappable power supplies and cooling fans are available for added safeguard. Active-Active redundant controllers allows further failure protection when needed. Internally, the AR442X6R supports up to RAID 60, with RAID monitoring, RAID notification, automatic failover, and automatic recovery. Build-in expansion port allow additional JBOD unit (AS424X6R) with up to 126 bays or 378TB. The unit’s built-in Ethernet port with web based management console and SES management features provide instant access to the status of the RAID array and the enclosure to reduce downtime. SAS drives is supported, while SATA can be used with additional mux board.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 4U 42-bay 126TB dual channel SAS system, expandable to 126 bays or 378TB with additional JBOD.
- Redundant Active / Active-Failover RAID controllers provides extra redundancy and availability.
- Complete modular designs on controllers, cooling fan and power supply to provide automatically failover and recovery.
- Supports up to RAID 0,1,10,3, 5, 6, 30, 50, and 60.
- Supports servers / applications failover clustering by providing SAS ports to hosts
- High density design leveraging low-cost / high-capacity SATA disks for storage hungry applications. A major element for SAN-sharing applications. (Additional Mux Board required)
- High performance SAS drives is support for performance intensive applicaions.
- Maxmiun LUNs: up to 1024.
- Online RAID expansion.
- Support Global / Local hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding.
- Optional battery backup.