The AccuRAID AR424X6R Series is a 4U redundant controller rack-mountable RAID solution designed for data centers, file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. With redundant components including a controller, cooling fan and power supply, the AR424X6R provides a high availibility storage solution in mission criticial applications. It is capable of up to 360TB of capacity with additional AS424X6R JBOD storage expansion units, and is the perfect solution for applications requiring large storage spaces. With an industry proven quad channel 6G SAS host interface, the AR424X6R provids high performance bandwidth and cutting edge SAS and SATA hard drive technology (SATA hard drives require optional MUX board for redundant controller). The array supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 and JBOD modes. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel, the AR424X6R is built with Web or RS232 management Interfaces along with SMTP manager monitioring all system events. The AR424X6R is an easy to use building block for a large storage systems, and is guaranteed to achieve the most cost-effective performance and data protection.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 6G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 24 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8088 to 8088 Mini-SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controllers. (SATA drives require MUX controller when use in dual controller mode.)
- Support 2.5" and 3.5" SATA/SAS/SSD - 24 of 3.5" hard drives tray supporting 3.5" hard drives, along with 2.5" form factor screw holes. (SATA drives requires optional MUX board)
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives and 24Gbps bandwidth, performance can reach over 1700MB/s in read and 1500MB/s in write (tested with LSI, ATTO and Areca Controllers).
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 5 enclosures or up to 120 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases. (SATA drives requires optional MUX board)
- Standard Redundant Power Supply - Hot-swappable, redundant power is included for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware is included - Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, and tray modules are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Dual IO /dual controller for fully redundancy - System come with redundant controller, cooling fan and power supply, complete redundant subsystems.
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca, LSI SAS MegaRAID, Intel SAS RAID, Adaptec SAS RAID, and 3Ware SAS RAID adapters.
- Work as expansion for existing hardware RAID storage - Supports expansion from AccuRAID subsystems, such as AR424X6R and AR424.