The TowerRAID TR8UT+BN is a 8-bay hardware RAID 00/30/50 storage tower that utilizes high performance USB 3.0 and eSATA interfaces to provide over 200MB/s in performance. The included USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with widely available USB 2.0 ports, which is a convenient feature when both USB 3.0 and eSATA connections are unavailable. With built-in RAID 00, 30, 50 and JBOD, the TR8UT+B provides hardware RAID redundancy protection against hard drive failures. The RAID engine is embedded within the enclosure and performs all RAID parity calculation to reduce CPU utilization from the host PC. RAID controller cards are unnecessary.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Hardware RAID, supporting RAID 00, 30, 50, JBOD.
- Over 200MB/s read and 170MB/s write performance.
- eSATA and USB 3.0 interface.
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
- True hardware RAID design within the enclosure, no driver and no additional RAID controller needed.
- Supports SATA hard drives.
- 8 x Hot Swappable Hard Drive Trays
- Over 2TB per volume via eSATA and USB on OS that support 2TB and above.
- Automatic insertion / removal detection and rebuild.
- Hardware RAID with standard Interface. No extra drivers required.
- Compact, stylish 8 bay tower design with protective ventilating cover.