TowerRAID TR4M+B - 4 Bay eSATA RAID 0/1/10/5/JBOD Performance Tower w/ 6G PCIe Card (Black)
The TowerRAID TR4M+B
is a compact RAID tower utilizing the latest SATA II port multiplier technology, where one single eSATA cable connects to four 3Gbps SATA II hard drives. Bundled with a high performance RAID controller card RR622, its RAID 5 performance is capable of reaching over 200MB/s. Online expansion is a feature included in the controller card so that RAID could be expanded without the need to recreate the storage space or erase the existing data. Advanced monitoring functions include real time hard drives health status and e-mail notification for critical events. Designed with easy installation in mind, the trayless TR4M+B allows instant setup by simply inserting the hard drives after opening the protective ventilating cover. The included dual-port eSATA 6Gb/s PCIe 2.0 x1 RAID controller card allows the connection of up to two TR4M+B units (up to 8 hard drives) using only two cables, while all drives could be configured into a single or multiple RAID arrays, providing over 200MB/s in performance.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- Seagate 500GB (ST3500514NS)
- Seagate 750GB (ST3750330NS)
- Seagate 1TB (ST31000524NS)
- Seagate 2TB (ST32000644NS)
- Western Digital 500GB (WD5002ABYS)
- Western Digital 1TB (WD1002FBYS)
- Western Digital 2TB (WD2003FYYS)
- Hitachi 500GB (0F11000)
- Hitachi 1TB (0A39289)
- Hitachi 2TB (0F10452)
- Hitachi 3TB (0F12456)
- Bundled with RR622 RAID controller card for over 200MB/s RAID 5 performance.
- Dual-port eSATA 6Gb/s PCIe 2.0 x1 RAID controller supports up to 2 units or 8 hard drives in a single or multiple RAID array.
- Backward compatible with PCIe 1.0.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 5+ spare, spanning and JBOD.
- Supports online expansion to expand capacity without the need to recreate the RAID volume and erase the existing data.
- Built-in real time hard drive health monitoring and e-mail notification for critical events.
- Supports PC, Linux and MAC OS, including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Snow Leopard.
- Accesses four hard drives using only one cable.
- Host interface: eSATA with Port Multiplier.
- Drive interface: 4 x 3.5" SATA I / SATA II.
| Form Factor
|| Compact Tower
| HDD Trays
|| 4 Hot-Swappable 3.5"
| RAID Level
|| RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 5+spare, Spanning and JBOD
(via Bundled RR622 RAID Controller Card)
| Maximum Capacity
|| 12TB Raw
| Host Interface & Transfer Rate
|| eSATA (via Port Multiplier)
PCIe 2.0 x1 for RR622 RAID Controller
| Drive Interface
|| 4 x 3.5” SATA I / SATA II
| Cooling Fan
|| 3.15" Ball Bearing Fan
| Power Supply
|| 150W (115V - 230V Switchable)
| Status Indicators
|| Power LED and 4 * Access LEDs
| Dimension (in)
|| 5.3"W x 7.1"H x 10.0"D
| Weight (lb)
| Safety Regulations
|| CE, FCC, UL, RoHS
| Limited Warranty
|| 1 Year
| Package Contents
Power Cord (1)
eSATA Cable (1)
RR622 Dual-Port eSATA 6Gb/s PCIe x1 2.0 RAID Controller (1)
Screws (1 set)
Quick Installation Manual & CD (1)
Enterprise Hard Drive Bundles
| Hard Drive
|| No HDD
| 1TB RAID
| 2TB RAID
| 3TB RAID
| 4TB RAID