The MobileSTOR MS8X6HP is an 8 bay 6G RAID storage tower for high capacity storage solutions. The MS8X6HP is bundled with a high-performance RAID controller card that offloads complicated RAID calculations from the computer or the enclosure to the dedicated RAID engine. High performance can be achieved with a lower cost of ownership compared to RAID embedded subsystems. RAID setup and maintenance can be controlled via built-in Web Browser interfaces, and the unit is supportive of e-mail notifications and SNMP trap. Utilizing high bandwidth 2400MB/s mini-SAS (SFF-8088) cabling, the MS8X6HP supports SAS or SATA hard drives to deliver superior read / write speeds that are crucial in performance-driven environments such as the video editing industry. The mini-SAS connection combines eight hard drive connections into single cables, reducing possible points of failures while preserving uninterrupted data transfer. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 8 units or 64 HDD drives daisy-chained together. All necessary hardware comes standard including the mini-SAS cable, hard drive tray modules and bundled RAID controller card. The MS8X6HP also supports SATA drives, allowing users the option to choose between high performance and high capacity storage solutions.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- Supports 6G SAS and 6G SATA Technology - Supports both latest 6G SSD, SAS and SATA Drives.
- Build-in 3.5" and 2.5" hard drives form factor supports - 3.5" tray modules provide build-in 2.5" hard drives screws holes for both 2.5" and 3.5" form factor.
- High Performance PCIe 2.0 x8 dual core RAID controller card - Package includes a PCIe 2.0 x8 dual core RAID controller, supporting up to RAID 60. Dedicated Hardware RAID engines provide RAID calculation offloading from the main computer to the controller's process, providing overall higher performance.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives and 24Gbps of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 1700MB/s in Read and Write.
- Web based GUI for management and Monitoring - Built-in web based GUI for setup and monitoring allow management of the RAID status using a web-browser. Detailed event information is saved in a event log and critical events can be e-mailed using SMTP. SNMP trap is also supported. All management and monitoring can run on any web browser with remote monitoring.
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up, thus extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Scalability - Supports up to 8 enclosures or up to 64 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives can be used for capacity oriented storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives can be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- All Hardware Included - Bundled with the 6G SAS/SATA dual core RAID controller, Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan and tray modules.