The MobileSTOR MS12X6+B series is a 12 bay mini-SAS SAS expander tower comprised of the same engines as the AccuSTOR / EliteSTOR enterprise level rackmount storage. Utilizing the same engine structure as the enterprise level rackmounts, the MobileSTOR utilize SAS expander technology, and provides up to 24 Gb/s or 2400MB/s of data bandwidth to fulfill the most demanding application. The MS12X6+B supports both SATA or SAS 6Gb/s solid state drives and hard drives and is backward compatible to 3Gbps SAS & SATA SSD and HDDs. By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the MS12X6+B supports up to 12 SAS or SATA drives using only one mini-SAS cable. A built-in SAS expansion port enables the system to connect up to 5 units or 60 HDD drives daisy-chained together. With a high performance RAID controller card such as Areca, ATTO, Highpoint and LSI 6G RAID controller, the MS12X6+B is capable of delivering over 1500MB/s in read/write performance with RAID controller, doubling the existing 3G SAS expander bandwidth. Drives status information is provided by the LED. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable, hot-swappable cooling fan, and hard drives tray modules. The MS12X6+B is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 6G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 12 SAS or SATA drives with only one SFF-8088 to 8088 Mini-.SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID Controller.
- Superior Performance - With support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives and 24Gbps of data bandwidth, performance can reach over 1500MB/s in read/write, when using with RAID controller.
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
- Scalability - Supports up to 5 enclosures or up to 60 hard drives daisy-chained together for capacity expansion.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- All hardware are included - Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, tray modules and build-in mounting rail are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Build-in hot-swappable cooling fan and carrying handle
- Wide Range RAID Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca, ATTO, Adaptec, Highpoint, HP, Intel and LSI SAS RAID Adapters.