The EliteRAID ER216I+B is the latest hardware RAID storage to EliteRAID iSCSI solution with 2.5" form factor, supporting SATA 2.5" hard drives and SSD. ER216I+B is a 2U 16-bay quad channel iSCSI storage supporting advanced features, such as trucking and LACP networking support, Multiple Channel per Session (MC/S), iSCSI jumbo frame and Microsoft MPIO. SCSI-3 persistent target is available for clustering server application. Built-in Web GUI management interface and event notification E-mail, SNMP trap, browser pop-up Windows, Syslog and Windows Messenger allow administrators to monitor unit status with ease. Besides RAID 5 and RAID 6 support, Mirroring (RAID 1) and Striping (RAID 0), ER216I+B supports RAID 6 to protect against up to two hard drive defects. Advance feature includes online RAID migration, online RAID expansion and MPIO supported. Supported in Windows, MAC and Linux operating system. Virtualization platorm is also supported in VMware ESX server (3.5/4.0/4.1), Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix Xen. Utilizing SATA interfaces, and quad gigabit Ethernet port (up to 400MB/s), the ER216I+B is guaranteed to achieve the best performance with fail-safe file protection.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- 4 Gigabit iSCSI port of data transfer.
- 2U 16 bay rackmount with redundant power supply.
- Support 1TB hard drives, up to 16TB total storage.
- Support 2.5" hard drives or SSD in 9.5mm height and 12.5mm height.
- Intel IOP 64bit processor with 2GB ECC memory.
- Support Trucking and LACP 802.11ad for bandwidth increase and redundancy
- Supports iSCSI Multiple Channel per Session (MC/S).
- Supports MPIO.
- Supports iSCSI Jumbo Frame.
- Supports SCSI-3 persistent target. Supports Windows Server 2008 clustering.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60, JBOD. Local N-way mirror supported.
- Supports global and dedicated hot spare disks.
- Online volume expansion and migration.
- UPS management supported via serial port.
- HTTP Web GUI, SSH telnet and serial management interface.
- Event notification via E-mail, SNMP trap, browser pop up windows, Syslog and Windows Messenger.
- iSNS supported.
- Up to 400MB/s read/write performance.
- Optional battery backup module.
- Supported in Windows, MAC and Linux.
- Supported in virtualization platform, including VMware, Citrix and Microsoft Hyper-V.