The EliteNAS EN208L+B 64 bit Edition is a comprehensive feature-dense 2U 8-bay 64-bit NAS + iSCSI unified / hybrid storage rackmount with the Intel processor and 4GB DDR-3 ECC memory. The EN208L+B is a performance tuned NAS + iSCSI storage designed with RAID protection and dual Gigabit Ethernet, capable of unlimited clients with network share, and supports in IP SAN storage. Built-in SATA RAID 6 supports up to 64TB total storage. With 64TB in a single rackmount, the EN208L+B is capable of fulfilling the most demanding storage needs.
Dual Gigabit and RAID Hard Drives Protection
EliteNAS is built with simple setup and maintenance features. Installation wizard for easy implementation, convenience web-based management for local or remote configuration, dual 10/100/1000 network support for teaming or redundant networking, and RAID support for your data storage make the EliteNAS a simple trouble free unit.
RAID support up to RAID 6
Supports latest RAID levels, including RAID 0, 1, 5, and 6 for advanced data protection in large numbers of hard drive deployments.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Build-in Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
In comparison to other NAS units in the market, EliteNAS is bundled with many additional advanced features at no additional charge. iSCSI target support for iSCSI applications, iSCSI initiator support for easy future expansion, NAS to NAS folder replication, scheduled or on-demand volume snapshot, and local tape backup support are just a few of the many features this product offers.
iSCSI Support for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
To take advantage of centralized storage for all virtual machines in VMware ESX or VSphere, the EN208L+B can be used as a focal storage point for the VMWare ESX or ESXi server hosting multiple virtual machines. Utilizing the EN208L+B as an iSCSI target storage system for the VMware ESX/ESXi server, the EN208L+B is ready for your VMware storage virtualization needs.
Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization environment is also supported. With the support of SPC-3, iSCSI can be used in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 clustering environment for high-availability applications.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
Important Announcement for Shell Shock Vulnerability: Click here for release note and click here to download the update patch.
User Support and Security
- Supports IPV6 for more flexibility in allocating IP addresses and efficiency for routing web traffic.
- Multiple NAS Aggregation (single name space NAS expansion), allowing the integration of multiple or additional NAS units under a common root folder.
- OS mirroring along with the new management GUI interface.
- Highly efficient OS based on 64 bit Operating Systems.
- An intriguing Web GUI Using Web Browser GUI can configure, access and monitor the NAS/iSCSI.
- High file transfer rate for all types of protocols: NFS, AFP, CIFS, FTP, and iSCSI.
- Robust Journaling File Systems – XFS / EXT4.
- File-sharing for clients in heterogeneous or mixed OS platforms is supported.
- Supported Protocol and Service:
- Supports Client File System – SMB, CIFS, NFS, AFP 3.1, FTP, SFTP.
- Support Network Transport Protocols – TCP/IP, SNMP MIBII, AppleTalk, NTP, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Support Network services – DHCP, ADS/ADDS, NIS, LDAP, NTP Server.
- Support Teaming over 2 or more Gigabit NICs.
- Supports 7 modes of network port bonding: Teaming for Load-Balancing & Fail-Over, 802.3ad.
- Multiple Volume Snapshots, Schedulable & On-Demand.
- NAS-to-NAS Folder Replications: Scheduled Differential and Scheduled Full Copy with Compression.
- Include iSCSI target & initiator functions for IP-SAN infrastructure.
- Remote system monitoring for Fan status, Temperatures, RAID status, HDD status, Network connectivity status.
- Remote Monitoring and Remote Email Notifications.
- Auto email notification for pre-defined events.
- Supports storage quota assignment to group or to individual users, as well as warning when approaching quota full.
- Volume Snapshots supported - Supports multiple Snapshots for ‘point-in-time” user data image against accidental user file deletion and data corruption or virus attack. Snapshot can be scheduled and/or On-Demand
- Build-in iSCSI initiator – a new NAS act as an iSCSI target, and connect it into the existing NAS as if it is part of the local storage.
- Supports local folder creation under each root network share
- Multi-Level sub-folders supported.
- Network Share can be created based on volume or based on subfolder.
User Support and Security
- Maximum number of local user accounts: 60,000
- Maximum number of characters for user name: 31 characters
- Maximum number of characters for user password: 128 characters
- Local user account supported with “Home” Directory option
- Windows ADS / PDC / Workgroup supported
- Special feature supporting Windows ADS with large number user accounts.
- Multi User IDs supported for Windows ADS administrators
- ACL – Access Control List supported, Local ACL supported down to Folder-Level and File-Level.
- NIS – Network Information Services for Unix/Linux supported
- LDAP supported
- HTTPS/SSL Service supported
- Host (IP) filtering
- A NAS discovery tool, NAS-Finder, will automatically discover any and all NAS units in the local network, and allow Administrator to manually add an entry for remote NAS unit over internet/VPN/WAN.
- Monitoring NAS resource utilization status via Web GUI.
- Monitoring On-Line Users and Folder-being-accessed via Web GUI
- Support system log to be downloaded and email to technical support personnel for further trouble-shooting.
- Support system configuration to be backup and restore
- iSCSI Target function allows a certain portion(s) of the storage to be partitioned as iSCSI volume(s) and assigned to specific host computer, appearing as if a local disk to that host computer.
- Provides block level services (iSCSI) and file services (NAS) in a unified storage system.
- Build-in iSCSI initiator function allows the NAS to mount remote iSCSI target volume as its local physical storage, and expand its storage capacity
- Combination of iSCSI Target and Initiator support between multiple NAS units can be used as one of the method to do Multi-NAS-Aggregation for storage expansions
- Build-in Snapshot support iSCSI volumes
- iSCSI volume supports Microsoft Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering (SPC-3) and VMware ESX/ESXi Server
- Tower Based AccuNAS Series, as well as rackmount based EliteNAS Linux NAS series product line are fully interoperable for folder replications.
- Different models can replicate to each other.
- Scheduled or on-demand replication.
- Build-in Differential Replication allow deploy multiple units in different location via Internet/Intranet
- Building block of a total enterprise solution.
- Operating system specific design for NAS and iSCSI application.
- 4GB ECC DDR-3 memory.
- Supports 8TB SATA hard drive.
- RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6 with spare.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- OS on DOM (Disk-on-Module) without mechanical wear and tear.