RAID Card Bundled Solutions
Surveillance Server Solutions
EliteNAS EN850L+BXE 64 bit - 8U 48 Bay NAS + iSCSI + FC Target HW RAID 60 w/ Exp. Unified Storage
The EliteNAS EN850L+BXE 64 bit Edition
is a comprehensive feature-dense 8U 48-bay 64-bit NAS + iSCSI + Fibre Channel (via optional add-on) unified / hybrid storage with a 4.8GT/s Quick Path Interconnect dual Intel Westmere Xeon Quad-Core processor and 8GB DDR-3 ECC memory. The EN850L+BXE is a performance tuned NAS + iSCSI + Fibre Channel unified / hybrid server designed with hardware RAID protection and quad Gigabit Ethernet, capable of unlimited clients with network share, and supports in IP SAN or FC SAN storage. The built-in SAS expander feature allows expansion of up to 14 additional EliteSTOR SAS Expander JBOD storage units, up to a maximum of 244 drives, making a total of 732TB total storage in a network sharing or iSCSI IP SAN or FC target Fibre Channel SAN envirnoment. With 144TB in a single rackmount, the EN850L+BXE is capable of fulfillng the most demanding storage needs.
Quad Gigabit and RAID Hard Drives Protection
EliteNAS is built with simple setup and maintenance features. An installation wizard for easy implementation, convenience web-based management for local or remote configuration, quad 10/100/1000 network support for teaming or redundant networking, and hardware RAID support for your data storage make EliteNAS a simple trouble free unit. Dedicated 1200MHz processor RAID engines support online migration and expansion while offloading complex RAID calculations to improve overall performance.
SAS Expander support for storage expansion
Supported SAS expander allows connection to 14 additonal SAS expander JBODs (EliteSTOR ES208X+BE, ES316X+B or ES424X+B), or up to 244 total drives for 732TB total stoage.
Support SAS or SATA hard drives
Support both high performance SAS hard drives or high capacity, low cost SATA hard drives.
Hardware RAID support up to 60
Supports latest RAID levels, including RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50 and 60 for advance data protection in large number of hard drive deployments.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Built-in Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
Compared to other NAS units in the market, the EliteNAS is bundled with many additional advanced features at no additional charge. iSCSI target support for iSCSI applications, iSCSI initiator support for easy future expansion, NAS to NAS folder replication, scheduled or on-demand volume snapshot, and local tape backup support are just a few of the many features this product offers.
iSCSI Support for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
To take advantage of centralized storage for all virtual machines in VMware ESX or Vsphere, the EN850L+BXE can be use as a focal storage point for the VMWare ESX or ESXi server hosting multiple virtual machines. Utilizing the MN4NA+B as an iSCSI target storage system for the VMware ESX/ESXi server, the MN4NA+B is ready for your VMware storage virtualization needs.
Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization environment is also supported. With the support of SPC-3, iSCSI can be use in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 clustering environment for high-availability applications.
Optional NAS to NAS Automatic Active Cluster Mirroring
Active Cluster Mirroring (ACM) is an optional feature used to bind two EliteNAS servers as one so that data is written to both systems simultaneously. At the same time, automatic fail-over will be supported in case of primary system failure. Clients attached to the primary NAS server can be serviced by the secondary server and will not notice the fail-over process when the secondary EliteNAS takes over to provide high avaliablity redundancy.
For more information, please see download our Active Cluster Mirroring Guide
Fibre Channel Target Upgrade Options for Hybrid Storage
Fibre Channel Target allows using EliteNAS series upgraded to support Fibre Channel SAN. With the upgrade to either 2-port 8Gb/s Fibre Channel option (Part#: KT-EN2PFC) or 4-port 8Gb/s Fibre Channel option (Part#: KT-EN4PFC), EliteNAS series can instantly connection to the most common interface in the today IT environments. NAS (CIFS/NFS/AFP), iSCSI and Fibre Channel can simultaneously supported in a single device, consolidate IT management and provide flexibility for today ever changing IT environments.
10Gb Network Interface Controller Option for 10GbE Network Support
10Gb Ethernet network Interface controller card is supported for 10Gb Networking. With 10 times faster bandwidth compared to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, the 10Gb network interface controller provides high performance solutions when needed. 10GBASE-T, XFP, SFP+ and CX4 connectors are avaliable.
Note: For the previous 32bit version of NAS specifications, please visit here
- Supports IPV6 for more flexibility in allocating IP addresses and efficiency for routing web traffic.
- Multiple NAS Aggregation (single name space NAS expansion), allowing the integration of multiple or additional NAS units under a common root folder.
- OS mirroring along with the new management GUI interface.
- Highly efficient OS based on 64 bit Operating Systems.
- An intriguing Web GUI Using Web Browser GUI can configure, access and monitor the NAS/iSCSI.
- High file transfer rate for all types of protocols: NFS, AFP, CIFS, FTP, and iSCSI.
- Robust Journaling File Systems – XFS / EXT4.
- File-sharing for clients in heterogeneous or mixed OS platforms is supported.
- Supported Protocol and Service:
- Supports Client File System – SMB, CIFS, NFS, AFP 3.1, FTP, SFTP.
- Support Network Transport Protocols – TCP/IP, SNMP MIBII, AppleTalk, NTP, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS.
- Support Network services – DHCP, ADS/ADDS, NIS, LDAP, NTP Server.
- Support Teaming over 2 or more Gigabit NICs.
- Supports 7 modes of network port bonding: Teaming for Load-Balancing & Fail-Over, 802.3ad.
- Multiple Volume Snapshots, Schedulable & On-Demand.
- NAS-to-NAS Folder Replications: Scheduled Differential and Scheduled Full Copy with Compression.
- Include iSCSI target & initiator functions for IP-SAN infrastructure.
- Remote system monitoring for Fan status, Temperatures, RAID status, HDD status, Network connectivity status.
- Remote Monitoring and Remote Email Notifications.
- Auto email notification for pre-defined events.
- Supports storage quota assignment to group or to individual users, as well as warning when approaching quota full.
- Volume Snapshots supported - Supports multiple Snapshots for ‘point-in-time” user data image against accidental user file deletion and data corruption or virus attack. Snapshot can be scheduled and/or On-Demand
- Build-in iSCSI initiator – a new NAS act as an iSCSI target, and connect it into the existing NAS as if it is part of the local storage.
- Supports local folder creation under each root network share
- Multi-Level sub-folders supported.
- Network Share can be created based on volume or based on subfolder.
User Support and Security
- Maximum number of local user accounts: 60,000
- Maximum number of characters for user name: 31 characters
- Maximum number of characters for user password: 128 characters
- Local user account supported with “Home” Directory option
- Windows ADS / PDC / Workgroup supported
- Special feature supporting Windows ADS with large number user accounts.
- Multi User IDs supported for Windows ADS administrators
- ACL – Access Control List supported, Local ACL supported down to Folder-Level and File-Level.
- NIS – Network Information Services for Unix/Linux supported
- LDAP supported
- HTTPS/SSL Service supported
- Host (IP) filtering
- A NAS discovery tool, NAS-Finder, will automatically discover any and all NAS units in the local network, and allow Administrator to manually add an entry for remote NAS unit over internet/VPN/WAN.
- Monitoring NAS resource utilization status via Web GUI.
- Monitoring On-Line Users and Folder-being-accessed via Web GUI
- Support system log to be downloaded and email to technical support personnel for further trouble-shooting.
- Support system configuration to be backup and restore
- iSCSI Target function allows a certain portion(s) of the storage to be partitioned as iSCSI volume(s) and assigned to specific host computer, appearing as if a local disk to that host computer.
- Provides block level services (iSCSI) and file services (NAS) in a unified storage system.
- Build-in iSCSI initiator function allows the NAS to mount remote iSCSI target volume as its local physical storage, and expand its storage capacity
- Combination of iSCSI Target and Initiator support between multiple NAS units can be used as one of the method to do Multi-NAS-Aggregation for storage expansions
- Build-in Snapshot support iSCSI volumes
- iSCSI volume supports Microsoft Server 2008 R2 Failover Clustering (SPC-3) and VMware ESX/ESXi Server
Optional Active Cluster Mirroring Failover for bare-metal mirroring and failover
- Tower Based MN4LA+B and AN4L, as well as rackmount based EliteNAS Linux NAS series product line are fully interoperable for folder replications.
- Different models can replicate to each other.
- Scheduled or on-demand replication.
- Build-in Differential Replication allow deploy multiple units in different location via Internet/Intranet
- Building block of a total enterprise solution.
- Active Cluster Mirroring Failover provide automatically failover in case of hardware failure.
- Mirroring function guarantee both primary and backup server have the same data.
- Eliminate downtimes, in event of failure, all traffic will automatically route to backup server.
- For more information, please see download our Active Cluster Mirroring Guide.
Optional Fibre Channel Target for Hybrid Storage
- 2-ports Fibre Channel 8 Gb/s (KT-EN2PFC) or 4-ports Fibre Channel 8 Gb/s (KT-EN4PFC) upgrade.
- Fibre Channel Target allows certain volume in the EliteNAS storage to be partitioned as Fibre Channel volume(s) and assigned to specific host computer, appearing as if a local disk to that host computer.
- Support direct attached to Fibre Channel enabled computer or Support Fibre Channel SAN using Fibre Channel switch.
- Fibre Channel Target options support virtual environments, including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware or Citrix Xen servers.
- Operating system specific design for NAS and iSCSI application
- Dual Intel Nehalem Xeon Quad-Core processor.
- 6GB ECC DDR-3 memory in Triple Channel.
- Supports 2TB SAS or SATA II hard drive.
- RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50 and 60 with spare.
- Quad Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Dual 1200MHz Hardware RAID controller card (volume per controller)
- Optional 10GbE Ethernet controller card for 10GbE network.
- OS on DOM (Disk-on-Module) without mechanical wear and tear
| Form Factor
|| 8U Rackmount
|| Dual Intel Westmere Xeon Quad Core 4.8GT/s
|| 8GB DDR-3 ECC Memory;
| RAID Level
|| Hardware RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60
with global or dedicated hot-spare
| RAID Configuration
|| 2 x 1200 MHz Hardware RAID controller
| Maximum Capacity
|| 144TB (72TB per controller)
| Expansion Slot
|| Mini-SAS (SFF-8088) * 2
Up to 7 units or 122 total drives per expansion port
|| On-board 4 x 1000/100/10
(Intel® 82574L Gigabit Ethernet Controllers)
Supports Teaming over 2 ports, 802.3ad, ALB
| Hard Drives
|| 6G SAS, SATA II x 48
| Power Supply
|| 1350W Hot-swap redundant power supply
| Status Indicators
|| Power and Overheat / FAN Fail LEDs
HDD Power and Activity LED
| Dimension (in)
|| 14"(H) x 19"(W) x 31"(D)
| Weight (lb)
| Certifications & Compliance
|| FCC, CE, UL, RoHS
| Limited Warranty
|| 3 Years
64 bit NAS OS supporting both NAS sharing and iSCSI IP SAN network
|| Dual Intel Westmere Xeon Quad Core 4.8GT/s QuickPath Interconnect
|| 8GB DDR-3 ECC Memory;
|| Hardware RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with global or dedicated hot-spare
| Mini-SAS (SFF-8088) * 2
Up to 7 units or 122 total drives per controller
(Supported by EliteSTOR ES208X+BE, ES316X+B, and ES424X+B)
| HDD Trays
|| 48 * Hot-Swappable
| No HDD
| 500GB RAID
Ed. SATA * 48
| 1TB RAID
Ed. SATA * 48
| 2TB RAID
Ed. SATA * 48
| 3TB RAID
Ed. SATA * 48
| Hard Drive
|| 500GB SAS * 48
|| 1TB SAS * 48
|| 2TB SAS * 48
|| 3TB SAS * 48
| Total Storage Size
| Hard Drive
|| 300GB SAS
15K RPM * 48
| 600GB SAS
15K RPM * 48
| Total Storage Size
| Optional Packages
||EliteNAS Active Clustering Mirroring - Two NAS or Four NAS will mirrored and automatically failover.
||EliteNAS 2-port Fibre Target Options add-on.
||EliteNAS 4-port Fibre Target Options add-on.
||Single XFP port 10G network interface card upgrade
||Single SFP+ port 10G network interface card upgrade
||Single CX4 port 10G network interface card upgrade
||Single QSFP+ port 10G network interface card upgrade
||Single 10GBASE-T port 10G network interface card upgrade
||Dual SFP+ ports 10G network interface card upgrade
||Dual CX4 ports 10G network interface card upgrade
||Dual QSFP+ ports 10G network interface card upgrade
||Dual 10GBASE-T ports network interface card upgrade
||Quad SFP+ ports 10G network interface card upgrade
* 2 ports and 4 ports Gigabit netowrk interface upgrade is available. Please contact
for more details.