The AccuSTOR AS480X6R series is a high density 4U 80 bay rackmount designed for storage hungry applications and accommodates up to 320TB of storage space. Supporting latest SAS 6G technology, AS480X6R provide 6G solution for 6G SAS or 6G SATA drives (additional mux board required). By utilizing the latest SAS expander technology, the AS480X6R supports up to 80 SAS or SATA drives using only one mini-SAS cable. Build-in redundant controller provides high availability option allow automatically failover in event of controller failure. With a high performance RAID controller card, the AS442X6R is capable of delivering over 2000MB/s in read and write performance, doubling the existing 3G SAS expander bandwidth. System status information is provided by the LED and front LCD, and information including hard drives, power supply and cooling fan status. All necessary hardware comes standard including mini-SAS cable and hard drives tray modules. The AS480X6R is an ideal storage expansion solution for servers or high performance video editing workstations. Supported in Windows, MAC and Linux, including various file system such as ZFS, VMware, and Hadoop.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please CLICK HERE.
- 6G SAS Expander Technology - Connect 80 SAS or SATA drives with only one single SFF-8088 to 8088 Mini-.SAS cable to HBA (Host Bus Adapter) or RAID controllers.
- Support LFF and SFF Form Factor - Support both 3.5" and 2.5" Hard drives and SSD.
- Redundant controller - Build-in redundant controller provides high availability option allow automatically failover in event of controller failure.
- Superior Performance - Support of SATA 6G or SAS 6G hard drives, with 6G SAS expander in 24Gb/s bandwidth.
- Staggering Spin-Up - Built-in staggering spin-up for hard drives during power up. Thus, extending the life / duty cycle of the hard drives and power supply.
- Support Industry Standard SGPIO - Serial General Purpose Input/Output (SGPIO) is utilized to provide the hard drives health & enclosure real-time information via the mini-SAS connection cable to the HBA (host Bus Adapter) without additional serial cable.
- Multi-purposes - Supports both SAS (Serial SCSI) and SATA hard drives to meet the requirements of different applications with different price/performance characteristics. Cost-effective SATA drives could be used for capacity orientated storage such as disk-to-disk backup, data-archiving, and digital video editing. Enterprise level SAS drives could be employed for I/O intensive applications such as transactional databases.
- Redundant Power Supply - Hot-swappable, redundant power is included for protection against power failure. Power supply status can be easily monitored by the status LED and audible alarm alert.
- All hardware is included - Mini-SAS cable, cooling fan, and tray modules are included. By connecting to a SAS controller and hard drives will instantly increase the storage space.
- Wide Range Adapters Support - Compatible with Areca, ATTO, Dell, LSI, Intel SAS expander controller.