The AccuRAID AR224X6R Series is a 2U redundant controller rack-mountable RAID solution designed for data centers, file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. With redundant components including a controller, cooling fan and power supply, the AR224X6R provides a high availability storage solution in mission critical applications. It is capable of up to 240TB of capacity with additional AS224X6R JBOD storage expansion units, and is the perfect solution for applications requiring large storage spaces. With an industry proven dual channel 6G SAS host interface, the AR224X6R provides high performance bandwidth and cutting edge SSD, SAS and SATA hard drive technology. The array supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 and JBOD modes. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel, the AR224X6R is built with Web or RS232 management Interfaces along with SMTP manager monitoring all system events. The AR224X6R is an easy to use building block for a large storage systems, and is guaranteed to achieve the most cost-effective performance and data protection.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please contact email@example.com for more details.
- Redundant controller built-in to provide high availability and high performance.
- 2.5" form factor, support both 9.5mm and 15mm height drives.
- 800MHz processor with 1GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 4GB) per controller.
- SAS / SATA RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Dual Channel 6G SAS connector per controller, supporting fail-over.
- Supports SAS JBOD (AS224X6R) expansion with up to total of 120 drive bays
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with hot spare and multipile volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supports online array roaming, online RAID level / stripe size migration, and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion/ removal detection.
- NVRAM transaction log, and S.M.A.R.T. to improve the RAID system integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via RS-232 port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM, redundant RAID controller firmware upgrade via RS-232 and WEB GUI.