The AccuRAID AR224X6 Series is a 2U rack-mountable RAID solution designed for file servers, backup, audio/video streaming, and digital video recording. It is capable of up to 120TB of capacity with additional AS224X6S JBOD storage expansion units, and is the perfect solution for applications requiring to use 2.5" form factor, including SSD, SATA and SAS 2.5" hard drives. With an industry proven Dual Channel 6G SAS host interface, the AR224X6 provides 6G SAS bandwidth and cutting edge SSD, SAS and SATA hard drive technology. The array supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 and JBOD modes. Featuring durable, heavy duty steel housing and a user-friendly LCD panel, the AR224X6 is built with Web or RS232 management Interfaces along with SMTP manager monitoring all system events. The AR224X6 is an easy to use building block for large storage systems, and is guaranteed to achieve the most cost-effective performance and data protection. The AR224X6 comes with modular RAID controller, redundant power supply and redundant cooling fans. Built-in redundant controller ready backpane allows non-destructive redundancy controller upgrade path without purchasing a brand new hardware.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please contact email@example.com for more details.
- 800MHz processor with 1GB on-board ECC cache memory (upgradeable to 4GB).
- Support 2.5" form factor, both 9.5mm and 15mm height drives.
- SAS / SATA RAID 60 ASIC engine, providing the highest level of data protection.
- Dual Channel 6G SAS connector supporting fail-over.
- Supports SAS JBOD (AS224X6S) expansion with up to a total of 120 drive bays
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and cooling fans.
- O/S-Independent and host transparent RAID solution.
- Upgradable to redundant controller version (AR224X6R) for high availability and redundancy.
- Supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 1E, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50, 60 with hot spare and multiple volumes.
- RAID 6 tolerates multiple drive failures without downtime or data loss, providing the most advanced level of data protection.
- Supprots online array roaming, online RAID level / stripe size migration, and online capacity expansion.
- Hot swappable drives that support hot spare and automatic hot rebuilding with automatic drive insertion/ removal detection.
- NVRAM transaction log, and S.M.A.R.T. to improve the RAID system integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Embedded enclosure management through WEB GUI, LCD control panel, and online RAID management via RS-232 port.
- Intuitive, yet comprehensive GUI for configuration and monitoring from remote and local locations.
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM, redundant RAID controller firmware upgrade via RS-232 and WEB GUI.